The Library will be closed on Sunday, April 21 for the Easter holiday. Normal hours resume on Monday, April 22. Have a safe and happy holiday!
How to Apply
To volunteer complete the Volunteer Application Form. Paper copies are available at the Library’s Information Desk. Please allow between 1-2 weeks for application processing and review. If you are placed as a volunteer and are under the age of 18 then you will also need to fill out a Parent Permission Slip and the Volunteer and Confidentiality Agreement Form.
We appreciate your interest in Winter Park Public Library!
For more information please contact Community Librarian Jody Lazar (407) 623-3300 x122
Our goal is for library volunteers to feel their time is valued and they are engaged in work that benefits the community. To ensure the experience benefits both the volunteer and the staff, volunteers should be:
- Looking for an ongoing commitment, 3 months or longer
- Able to commit to a regular schedule (weekly or monthly) at most 10 hours per week
- Willing to complete a background check
- Open to learning new skills
- Passionate about reading, learning and libraries
The Winter Park Library has over 200 volunteers donate their time and talents each year. Volunteers are an integral part of our team and provide the support necessary to maintain and extend quality library service. If you are seeking an opportunity to use your talents and expertise and learn new skills while making new friends then volunteering at the library is for you.
These are some of the positions that volunteers work in:
- The New Leaf Bookstore
- Shelf Reading (books, audiobooks, DVDs, and CDs)
- Library Beautification and Gardening
- Help with children’s programs
- Special Event Volunteer
- Adult Literacy
- Outreach storytime
- Mending books and A/V materials
- Teen and Tween Advisory Boards
- Genius Lab Instructor (Facilitator, coach, specialist, technologist, support, mentor)
Benefits of Volunteering
- Enhance job skills and work experience for your resume
- Learn more about library operations and resources
- Be an active member of your community
- Meet new people and make new friends