Our makerspace is open for business. Check out the 3D printer!
Make your creative visions come alive in our new Genius Lab, an innovation and creation laboratory! This mini-makerspace on the Library’s second floor provides computers, equipment and software to empower patrons to make their visions a reality. Patrons can do everything from edit a video they shoot in the room to create a vinyl monogram label for a gift to convert their VHS tapes to DVDs.
By appointment only. Call 407-623-3300 x 3 to schedule an appointment.
The Genius Lab includes equipment for a variety of uses.
- 3 mixing/recording headphones
- 2 Blue Yeti Pro mics
- 2 pop filters
- LP/Cassette to MP3/CD converter
Photo and Video:
- 1 photo studio – soft lights, 3 backdrops – chroma key green, black and white
- VHS to DVD converter
Computing and Digital Editing:
- 2 27” iMacs
- High performance PC with 24-inch monitor
- 1 Canon extra large printer (prints up to 13” x 19”)
- 3 Wacom Intuos Pro tablets
- Adobe Creative Suite on all computers
- Collaboration station (table with power outlets + smart share TV)
- 3D Printer
- Cricut digital die-cut machine
- Paper cutter
Although use of the equipment will be free to patrons, nominal materials fees may apply. The Genius Lab was made possible by a grant from the Elizabeth Morse Genius Foundation.