We're moving soon! Read our blog post for detailed information about what's happening and when. The Polly Seymour New Leaf Bookstore is temporarily closed. The Bookstore will reopen in our new facility on Monday, December 13. We're unable to accept donations at this time. Thank you for your understanding.
More Spaces. Improved Places.
A magnetic, vibrant, interactive 21st century library.
The Winter Park Public Library is future-ready with a new facility underway and set to open Fall 2021! A 21st century, world-class campus is in its final design stages by world-renowned architect Sir David Adjaye, partnering with local firm Hunton Brady, and located in a new, nearby location next to Martin Luther King, Jr. Park.
You'll find more spaces and improved places that give residents access to the things that transform lives and promote literacy, creativity, school and career readiness, inspiration, culture, and community engagement.
For the most up-to-date information about the entire project, visit the City's website where you can see concept designs, presentations, and videos.
- A library commons to read & socialize
- An education & performance space for speakers’ series, live performances, films & story times
- Three collaborative and flexible working rooms with the technologies needed for productive group work.
- An business center for entrepreneurs and creatives
- Purposeful social spaces near age-appropriate book collections.
- A computer lab with the newest software, and hands-on instruction.
- Eight 2-person private study rooms
- A new automated collection system that will improve materials handling.
- An upgraded Genius Lab loaded with 3D printers, a studio with video and audio production & staff
- More borrowing items including technology, fishing poles, binoculars, instruments & more
- Expanded history & archive areas with an improved Memory Lab space for research, a new archive conservation area, a new climate-controlled space for storing valued materials and classroom space for learning.
- A 30% larger “story” room adjacent to a flex-size multi-purpose room that will double class capacity