Employment at WPPL
Thank you for your interest in joining our team as we blaze new trails for literacy and education in our community! There is currently one open position.
Youth Services Summer Assistant
Job title: Youth Services Summer Assistant (part coach, part materials specialist, part customer service)
Department: Youth Services
Position type: temporary part-time, 20 hours per week for 10 weeks
Closing date: Friday, May 4, 2018
This is a grant-funded position specifically designed to provide an employment opportunity to a teen looking for summer work. The Summer Assistant delivers services and assistance to families participating in the Summer Reading Challenge or attending summer library classes and events. The Summer Assistant registers participants, communicates instructions, answers questions, listens to book reports, logs participants' activities, passes out prizes, and completes other clerical, shelf maintenance, or class preparations as assigned.
The Summer Assistant must comply with Library policy, procedures, and dress code. This position reports directly to the Head of Youth Services and may be supervised by the Youth Services Librarians.
Who you are:
- You are diligent, work well independently, and you have the ability to make kids thrilled about reading.
- You are an active listener with lots of patience; you’re intuitive to people’s needs.
- You love people! Meeting them, working with them, and communicating with them meaningfully. You engage well with others and are passionate about providing exemplary customer service.
- You’re an innovative collaborator, skilled in identifying needs and solutions.
- You’re a team player who thinks quickly on their feet.
- You’re excited about the prospect of growing and learning in an active environment.
- You inspire fun in the people around you.
- You love Children's Literature -- reading it, talking about it, and recommending it!
- You do the right thing. Every decision you make and action you take is an opportunity to demonstrate our collective integrity.
Do you have what it takes?
- Must be between the ages of 14-19
- Ability to learn and use new technologies
- Continuous learner
- Digital literacy
- Flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
Your job will involve being “on the move” in our library and community: You need to stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb, push/pull up to 50 pounds, and lift up to 25 pounds.
Please apply to:
Evelyn Malles, Head of Youth Services, Winter Park Public Library
firstname.lastname@example.org | 407-623-3300, ext. 115