Employment at WPPL
Thank you for your interest in joining our team as we blaze new trails for literacy and education in our community! There is currently one open position.
Job Description: The Winter Park Public Library is a nonprofit organization. Independent from a county system, Library staff and volunteers raise nearly one-third of annual revenue from private sources including individual donors, corporations, foundations, operations and special events.
The Development Assistant is responsible for general clerical duties in support of the Development Office and assists with donor cultivation activities and events. The DA is responsible for maintaining information in fundraising and event databases and other Library data sources. The DA will produce annual fund mailings, correspondence, mail merges and other clerical work as assigned.
This position reports directly to the Development Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs clerical duties including, but not limited to, word processing, filing, data entry, mail merging, faxing, photocopying and scanning.
2. Assists with the maintenance of donor, patron and event databases. Inputs data, generates reports and purges outdated information.
3. Prepares materials for donor cultivation and special events. For example, generates donor relation reports to track Trustee stewardship activity.
4. Abides by the Service Philosophy and Code of Ethics and other policies of the Library and the American Library Association's Freedom to Read and Freedom to View statements.
Qualifications (Minimum Requirements)
1. Ability to use standard office equipment and computer programs
2. Ability to perform basic clerical skills, including MS Word mail merge
3. Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office software and Excel
4. Database experience a plus but not required
5. Demonstrated knowledge of English spelling and composition
6. Ability to work some evening and weekend events
Particularly in preparation for events, the DA can be expected to lift or move objects up to 30 pounds. The employee will be required to use a computer mouse and keyboard and will stand for extended periods of time at events.
1. Interest in the Library and in nonprofit fundraising
2. Ability to develop timelines and manage deadlines
3. Ability to work independently
4. Good interpersonal skills
5. Strong organizational skills
6. Willingness to represent the Library, along with other staff, at special events
7. Willingness to work with staff, volunteers and patrons at all levels of the organization
Hours: 20 hours/week, occasional evenings
Benefits: 4 hours per month sick leave and 3.3 hours per month vacation accrued, plus 2 floating holidays
Starting Pay: $11
Closing Date: Friday, April 20, 2018.
Kristin LaFleur, Development Director
460 E. New England Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789
No phone calls, please.