Employment at WPPL
Thank you for your interest in joining our team as we blaze new trails for literacy and education in our community! There is currently one open position.
Job title: Library Youth Associate (part customer service, part product expert, part display technician)
Department: Youth Services
Pay range: $10.18 – $12.18
Position type: Part-time (24 hours weekly), non-exempt position covering night and weekend shifts
You greet kids and parents with a smile and welcome them into our library. You help our young patrons find the fuel and the spark to unlimited ideas and opportunities. You will be in charge of refreshing displays, creating weekly creative arts projects, and ensuring our books, media and music are handled efficiently, ready to be explored by our library patrons.
Want to join our dynamic team and help us launch exceptional library services into the 21st century?
Who you are:
- You are organized, detail-oriented, and keep things in tip-top order.
- You insist on knowing where things are.
- You engage well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- You’re a team player who thinks quickly on your feet.
- You’re excited about the prospect of growing and learning in a changing environment.
- You inspire fun in the people around you.
A position you’ll love:
- You are an explorer of efficiencies; you’re always on the move and available to help and assist where needed.
- You guide patrons through our self-checkout system.
- You are a lifelong learner, enjoying your journey of professional development.
- You are friendly and warm and help our patrons with basic questions about the library.
- You do the right thing. Every decision you make and action you take is an opportunity to demonstrate our collective integrity.
Do you have what it takes?
- High school degree or equivalent preferred
- Pass the skills screening test
- Basic computer literacy
- You are an energetic person with a go-get ‘em attitude
Your job will involve being “on the move” in our library and community: You need to stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb, push/pull up to 50 pounds, and lift up to 25 pounds.
We are guided by a commitment to these shared values:
- Lifelong education
- Being a trusted community resource
- Equal access for all residents
- Innovation that is responsive to changing community needs
- Providing a place for connection and open exchange of ideas
Why Winter Park Public Library? A job with us is a chance to use your knowledge and experience to enable transformations every day. You will be instrumental in opening minds, inspiring learning, and transforming our patrons’ lives, whether they’re new visitors or veteran readers. As you help and inspire others, you will also be inspired.
This opportunity comes in the wake of our community approving a multi-million-dollar new state-of-the-art library and events center. You believe in the transformative power of the public library, and your talents will be important for the future of this exciting project.
Please email your resume by August 31.
Evelyn Malles, Head of Youth Services, Winter Park Public Library