Job title: Library Associate (part customer service, part product expert, part display technician)
Department: Member and Material Services
Position type: 24 hr part-time, non-exempt position
Pay range: $10.18 – $12.75
Temporary work schedule (due to COVID):
Monday 9am-1pm, Tuesday 9am-2pm, Wednesday 9am-2pm, Thursday 9am-2pm, Friday 1:30-6:30pm
Permanent work schedule:
Option 1: Sunday 12-5:15pm, Monday 8:30am-1pm, Tuesday 8:30am-1pm, Wednesday 8:30am-1pm, Thursday 4-9:15pm
Option 2: Tuesday 4:15-9:15pm, Wednesday 4:15-9:15pm, Thursday 5:15-9:15pm, Friday 8am-1pm, Saturday 8am-1pm
Closing date: Friday, November 6, 2020
You’re the essence of the member’s experience at the library. You greet people with a smile and welcome them into our library. You help our library members find the fuel and the spark to unlimited ideas and opportunities. You will be in charge of refreshing displays and ensuring our books, media and music are handled efficiently, ready to be picked up by our library members.
Ready to join our dynamic team and help us launch exceptional library services into the 21st century?
Who you are:
- You are organized, detail-oriented, and keep things in tip-top order.
- You insist on knowing where things are.
- You engage well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- You’re a team player who thinks quickly on your feet.
- You’re excited about the prospect of growing and learning in a changing environment.
- You inspire fun in the people around you.
A position you’ll love:
- You are an explorer of efficiencies; you’re always on the move and available to help and assist where needed.
- You’re the point person for member holds, ensuring our products get into the hands of members thrilled to have them.
- You are a wizard with understanding our material handling system, guaranteeing a smooth member experience.
- You guide members through our self-checkout system.
- You are a lifelong learner, enjoying your journey of professional development.
- You are friendly and warm and help our members with basic questions about the library.
- You pitch in to answer phones, register members for library cards, help them with their account, and listen to their needs.
- You do the right thing. Every decision you make and action you take is an opportunity to demonstrate our collective integrity.
Do you have what it takes?
- High school degree or equivalent preferred
- Pass the skills screening test
- Basic computer literacy
- You are an energetic person with a go-get ‘em attitude
Your job will involve being “on the move” in our library and community: You need to stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb, push/pull up to 50 pounds, and lift up to 25 pounds.
We are guided by a commitment to these shared values:
- Lifelong education
- Being a trusted community resource
- Equal access for all residents
- Innovation that is responsive to changing community needs
- Providing a place for connection and open exchange of ideas
What are the benefits?
For part-time employees, you'll get holidays and paid time off, and be eligible for our 401K and 4% employer match.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why Winter Park Library?
A job with us is a chance to use your knowledge and experience to enable transformations every day. You will be instrumental in opening minds, inspiring learning, and transforming our members’ lives, whether they’re new visitors or veteran readers. As you help and inspire others, you will also be inspired.
This opportunity comes in the wake of our community approving a multi-million-dollar new state-of-the-art library and events center. You believe in the transformative power of the public library, and your talents will be important for the future of this exciting project.
Please fill out the online Employment Application and email it along with a cover letter and resume to:
Winter Park Library
Please note your permanent schedule preference (option 1 or 2) in your cover letter. Candidates selected for an interview must pass the skills screening test prior to interview. No phone calls, please.