Employment at WPPL
Thank you for your interest in joining our team as we blaze new trails for literacy and education in our community! There is currently one open position.
Job title: Adult Services Librarian (part researcher, part educator, part event planner)
Department: Adult Services
Pay range: $42,000.00, DOQ
Position type: Full time exempt position with excellent benefits
You connect people to knowledge and resources to amplify learning and build a stronger community. You are a champion of libraries, eager to expand services beyond the traditional. You invent and implement engaging classes and events while exploring the latest technologies to enhance patron and library experience. You are diligent in completing tough research questions from a diverse audience to connect patrons with information they seek. Naturally inquisitive, you are knowledgeable on all library operations and respected for your ability to make patrons thrilled about the library.
Ready to join our dynamic team and help us become the intellectual gathering place that unites and inspires our community?
Who you are:
- Whether in front of a group of people or working one-on-one, you’re a natural-born teacher.
- You understand patron needs and enjoy connecting them with the right solutions.
- You geek out about emerging technologies and their application for patrons and libraries.
- You are an active listener with lots of patience; you’re intuitive to people’s needs.
- You love people! Meeting them, working with them, and communicating with them meaningfully. You engage well with others and are passionate about providing exemplary customer service.
- You’re an innovative collaborator, skilled in identifying the needs and solutions to take our library above and beyond.
- You’re a team player who thinks quickly on their feet.
- You’re excited about the prospect of growing and learning in a changing environment.
- You inspire fun in the people around you.
Work you’ll love:
- You develop and conduct classes, workshops, presentations, events and participatory experiences for our patrons.
- You lend a hand in our makerspace, helping with 3D printing, digitization, and digital design.
- You know your way around technology, ready to jump from teaching basic computer skills to higher level techie topics like music recording, digital photography, rendering, and coding.
- You make connections; you invite and collaborate with partners to bring our library and patrons exciting resources or learning opportunities.
- You reach out to the community, offering services offsite, and ensure the community knows what we have to offer!
- You dive into research questions ranging from the quirky to stumpers; you’re a sleuth at heart.
- You’re an explorer; you get out from behind the desk and help patrons with their journey through our amazing library.
- You’ve got an eye for content; you select materials for designated collections.
- You are a leader, happily taking on responsibilities, including person in charge or staff trainer.
- You keep up-to-date on the latest research and instruction practices, procedures, and trends.
- You do the right thing. Every decision you make and action you take is an opportunity to demonstrate our collective integrity.
Do you have what it takes?
- Accredited MLS or MLIS (significant progress toward a certified ALA graduate library degree program may be considered)
- Professional library experience
- Ability to learn and use new technologies
- Continuous learner
- Digital literacy
- Ability to obtain a valid Florida driver’s license
- Flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
Your job will involve being “on the move” in our library and community: You need to stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb, push/pull up to 50 pounds, and lift up to 25 pounds.
We strive to be:
- A safe gathering space for all in our community to share ideas and experience learning
- A primary partner in family education
- A trusted community resource
- A place where innovation and creativity are embraced
- A model library in our industry
Why Winter Park Public Library? A job with us is a chance to use your knowledge and experience to enable transformations every day. You will be instrumental in guiding learning, connecting people, and strengthening our community, whether it’s helping patrons learn a new language, attend lectures and classes, research home buying or begin a new journey. As you help and inspire others, you will also be inspired.
This opportunity comes in the wake of our community approving a multi-million-dollar new state-of-the-art library and events center. You will bring a strong vision for the future of this exciting project.
Please email a resume and cover letter by February 8, 2019.
Nicole Heintzelman, Head of Adult Services, Winter Park Public Library