Employment at the WPPL
All professional and paraprofessional
openings will be listed at www.wppl.org.
Some positions may also be listed in appropriate online listings such as
the Employ Florida Marketplace.
Office Assistant -
- posted March 10, 2015
Office Assistant -
The Winter Park Public Library is a nonprofit organization. Independent from
a county system, Library staff and volunteers raise nearly one-third of
annual revenue from private sources including individual donors,
corporations, foundations, operations and special events.
The Development Assistant is responsible for general clerical duties in
support of the Development Office and assists with donor cultivation
activities and events. The Development Assistant is responsible for
maintaining information in fundraising and event databases and other Library
data sources. The Development Assistant will produce annual fund mailings,
correspondence, mail merges and other clerical work as assigned.
This position reports directly to the Development Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs clerical duties including, but not limited to, word processing,
filing, data entry, mail merging, faxing, photocopying and scanning.
2. Assists with the maintenance of donor, patron and event databases. Inputs
data, generates reports and purges outdated information.
3. Prepares materials for donor cultivation and special events. For example,
generates donor relation reports to track Trustee stewardship activity.
4. Abides by the Service Philosophy and Code of Ethics and other policies of
the Library and the American Library Association's Freedom to Read and
Freedom to View statements.
1. Ability to use standard office equipment and computer programs
2. Ability to perform basic clerical skills
3. Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office software, especially Excel
4. Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word mail merge
5. Demonstrated knowledge of English spelling and composition; ability to
6. Ability and willingness to learn new software
7. Ability to perform data entry with a high degree of accuracy and
attention to detail
8. Ability to maintain the confidentiality of donors’ records
9. Ability to work some evening and weekend events
Particularly in preparation for events, the DA can be expected to lift or
move objects up to 30 pounds. The employee will be required to use a
computer mouse and keyboard and will stand for extended periods of time at
1. Interest in the Winter Park Public Library and in nonprofit fundraising
2. Ability to develop timelines and manage deadlines
3. Ability to work independently
4. Good interpersonal skills
5. Strong organizational skills
6. Willingness to represent the Library, along with other staff, at special
7. Willingness to work with staff, volunteers and patrons at all levels of
Hours: 20 hours/week, occasional evenings to be scheduled with
Benefits: 4 hours per month sick leave and 3.3 hours per month
vacation accrued, plus 2 floating holidays
Starting Pay: $11
Closing Date: April 8, 2015 at 5 p.m.
Phyllis Corkum, Development Coordinator
No phone calls, please.
Please email cover letter and resume to the above address.
All applicants for paraprofessional positions must complete the
Winter Park Public Library Application, which should be dropped
off at the Library. Applications are NOT accepted
unless there is a posted opening. If your electronic capabilities allow, a
completed PDF of the application returned via e-mail is preferred.