Learn. Discover. Access.
A 21st century library is a magnetic, vibrant, interactive place of experience.
"An access point to the American Dream, a realized community magnet; engaging, enticing and enriching."
Our library's core mission has always been to educate people of all ages.
Whether it’s learning to read or learning how to use the latest technological device; whether you need to be ready for kindergarten, college, or your next job; whether you want to start a business or learn skills for a new hobby, the library has materials, programs and people to help you accomplish your educational goals throughout your entire lifetime.
A 21st Century library is about not only helping you find and navigate the information world, but helping you create your own content.
What will define this library are these three things: what the community wants, what the community needs, and a shared vision for our future.
A Shared Vision for Our Future
In the News
David Adjaye reveals ‘sweeping’ Winter Park Library design
The Architects Newspaper
Plans Unveiled for Winter Park's New Library
The Bungalower - November 2, 2017
Renowned architect unveils 'world class' design for Winter Park library
Orlando Sentinel - November 1, 2017
Conceptual designs unveiled for new Winter Park library/civic center
Winter Park-Maitland Observer - November 1, 2017
British Architect Sir David Adjaye is Tapped to Design the New Winter Park Library and Events Center
Orlando Weekly – June 28, 2017
Winter Park residents meet new library architect Sir David Adjaye
Winter Park-Maitland Observer – June 23
Renowned Architect David Adjaye to Begin Work on Winter Park Library
Orlando Sentinel – June 22, 2017
Meet Sir David Adjaye – The Man Designing the New Winter Park Library
Winter Park-Maitland Observer – June 16, 2017
Architects Named for New Winter Park Library
Bungalower – May 31, 2017
Adjaye Associates to Lead New Library & Events Center Design
The Park Press – May 12, 2017
Adjaye Associates Chosen to Build $30 Million Library in Florida
Architect Magazine – May 9, 2017
Adjaye Associates Win Contract to Design Florida Library and Cultural Centre
CLAD News – May 8, 2017
Adjaye Associates to Design New Library in Suburb of Orlando, Florida
The Architect’s Newspaper – May 2, 2017
Acclaimed Architect Chosen to Design New Winter Park Library and Civic Center
Orlando Rising – April 28, 2017
The library is an essential partner in early literacy. An expanded facility allows us to have much more material for early readers, more material to keep children and teens engaged in reading and more material in various formats for all ages.
allow patrons to bring to life their creative dreams. All types of equipment allow patrons to create 3d models, videos, audio recordings, graphics, and other personalized content.
A 21st century library is about collaboration, conversations and the serendipitness of meeting people who enhance your life. It could be your neighbor, someone who is is an simlar business as you or a complementing business.
Dedicated Computer Labs
Updating your computer skills is a fact of life in 2015. Technology changes frequently and new apps are being written everyday. It's essential for you to stay current in today's knowledge economy.
Library of Things
The new library will become a bigger community hub, home to a kaleidoscope of people & projects with the abliity to check out more than books. Musical instruments, sewing machines, tools, fishing poles, drones, whatever the community needs -- expanding the idea of a sharing economy.
Local History Center
Local History Center
Future generations shouldn't lose the opportunity to learn, discover and experience Winter Park's history. A new facility with climate-controlled learning spaces and interactive technology and exhibits can preserve our shared past and make history come alive.
Today’s entrepreneur can be a 10-year-old boy making bow ties to a 64-year-old creator of Digicamhelp.com. Entrepreneurship is growing more than ever. A new library can support and encourage this new class of businesses.
We can support the future of learning anywhere, anytime. The new facility would have high speed broadband fiber to allow students of any age to access information, education, instructors worldwide.
This new space offers opportunities for more educational, cultural events like musical performances or prominent guest speakers. Our residents can share, perform, create and display their works in a stunning venue with strong community support.
Report from Community Engagement Workshops, 10/26/15
Task Force Agendas
• Task Force Presentation of Final Report to the City Commission - June 22, 2015
• The Aspen Institute’s Dialogue on Public Libraries Resources report RISING TO THE CHALLENGE
• The Library of the Future - PowerPoint Presentation by Clyde Scoles, Director/Fiscal Officer of Toledo-Lucas County Public Library and nationally recognized expert in public library facilities and construction - presented to the Winter Park City Commission June 9. Note: The libraries pictured in this presentation are examples of libraries in other communities around the country and do not represent plans suggested for the Winter Park community.
• Report from The Douglas Company regarding potential renovation of current Library facilities. ** Estimate costs in this report do NOT include costs of furnishing, fixtures, equipment and technology. It also does not address a three-story parking garage.
• Preliminary Evaluation of Potential Sites for Library Construction and Path to Success slide from ACi
• Preliminary Draft Budget of Revenue and Expenses
• The Library by the Numbers - an info graphic about the Library
• Presentation to Task Force by ACi 9-10-2014 - shows possibility of expansion on current Library site using existing building structure
• September 17 Community Forum outline
• Feedback from the September 17 Community Forum
• "Considerations for the Future of the Winter Park Public Library" by Chip Weston
• Task Force Timeline
Task Force Minutes
January 7, 2015
January 21, 2015
February 5, 2015
February 17, 2015
February 18, 2015
February 20, 2015
March 11, 2015
March 25, 2015
April 1, 2015
April 22, 2015
April 29, 2015.