Q: What are the Library's hours?
A: The Library's hours are listed below:
Monday – Thursday
9:00 A.M. – 9:00 P.M.
Friday & Saturday
9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
1:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Please note: In order to ensure a timely closure, all patron computers and printers will shut down 15 minutes before closing.
Q: Where is the Library located? How do I get there?
A: The Library's address is 460 E. New England Avenue; Winter Park, FL 32789.
Driving Directions from I-4:
From I-4 and Fairbanks Avenue (exit 87), head east on Fairbanks for 2.4 miles. You will pass US 17-92 (Orlando Avenue) and Park Avenue. Take a left at Chase Avenue which is the second traffic light after Park Avenue and then take an immediate left turn onto New England Avenue. The Library is the three-story brick building on the left.
Driving directions from SR 436 (Semoran Blvd.):
From SR 436 and Aloma Avenue (SR 426), head west on Aloma for 2.6 miles. After passing Lakemont and Phelps Avenues, you will encounter a series of curves in the road. Take a right at the first traffic light following these curves (Chase Avenue), and then take an immediate left turn onto New England Avenue. The Library is the three-story brick building on the left.
Q: Are you closed on X holiday?
A: The Library is closed on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day - January 1
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - the third Monday in January
- Easter Sunday - date varies
- Memorial Day - the last Monday in May
- Independence Day - July 4
- Labor Day - the first Monday in September
- Thanksgiving Day - the fourth Thursday in November
- The day after Thanksgiving - the fourth Friday in November
- Christmas Eve - December 24
- Christmas Day - December 25
Other closings that may be made at the discretion of the director:
- Halloween - October 31, early evening close
- The day before Thanksgiving - the fourth Wednesday in November, early evening close
- New Year's Eve - December 31, early evening close
Q: Are there any other times the Library is closed during the year?
A: On rare occasions the Library is closed for fundraisers, staff development days, extended holidays, severe weather, power outages, or other circumstances as determined by the Board of Trustees. We always attempt to give as much warning as possible in these situations. For more information, please watch for signage in the building, posts on our social media sites, or listen for messages on the Library's automated phone system at 407-623-3300.