- Do More Faster: TechStars Lessons to Accelerate Your Startup by David Cohen and Brad Feld
- The Elite Entrepreneur: How to Master the 7 Phases of Business and Take Your Company From Pennies to Billions by Ephren Taylor with Rusty Fischer
- The Entrepreneur Equation: Evaluating the Realities, Risks, and Rewards of Owning Your Own Business by Carol Roth
- How to Start a Business in Florida by Mark Warda
- Mommy Millionaire: How I Turned My Kitchen Table into a Million Dollars and How You Can, Too! by Kim Lavine
- Ready, Fire, Aim: Zero to $100 Million in No Time Flat by Michael Masterson
- The Small Business Survival Guide by Jason Reid
Visit EBSCOhost for eBooks on this topic.
Magazines & Newspapers
Read online now (library card required). Available in the Periodicals collection at Winter Park Public Library
- Business Forum
- Orlando Sentinel
- Florida Trend
- Business Week
- Review of Business
- Harvard Business Review
- The Economist
- Survey of Current Business
- Fast Company
Online Databases (library card required)
Databases offer collections of articles and information from popular and scholarly journals, newspapers and other reference works.
Management, indicators, practices, companies & industries.
Company & industry trends. Newspapers/journals, and directories.
Info on 12 million+ U.S. businesses plus articles. Search parameters include business size, sales volume, location, home-base business & more.
Offers over 2 million articles pertaining to small business needs.
Business Plans and advice for all steps of a new business.
Extensive tips, articles, business plans and more, including franchise information.
File business entities, trade and service marks, judgment liens, and fictitious name registrations. A registry & info resource for almost all business activity in Florida.
The magazine's TopRank Florida lists tells you which companies lead in their respective industries.
What you need to know about IRS reporting standards. Includes tax forms and more.
Everything you need to know about doing business in Florida, including business licenses and permits, taxes, environmental concerns, etc.
Local location on E. Colonial for small business development and support including seminars, coaching, and onsite business lab.
The University of Central Florida’s Small Business Development Center provides fee-based business seminars and free one-on-one counseling for Central Florida small business owners.
Explore links to starting, financing, and expanding your business on this searchable site.
Mission: "...to develop, promote, and sustain a vital, thriving business climate..." Members enjoy a variety of networking opportunities.